
I'm not sure that we've made enough of a big deal yet about the fact
that we're going to New York.
The Big Apple. New York, New York, the city that never sleeps, The
United States of Kiss My Ass. America, fuck yeah!
all that sort of nonsense.
I went there as a tourist once, and I couldn't stop myself from feeling
like I was walking around a film set, seeing so many places that were
familiar to me.
This will be our first trip to the States as a band, and it should be good.
We're doing two shows, one is a showcase as part of the CMJ Music
Marathon at the Studio, Webster Hall. We'll only be doing about half an
hour there, but we're doing a much longer set (longer than we normally
play - everything is bigger in America) at
Joe's pub in Brooklyn
The details are still being sorted out, but it will be good to get away
from the day jobs and out of the studio, and get in front of people
again. And I expect someone will be looking for a cheap new pair of
Converse All-Stars...
Malcolm
